People who are not English natives tend to have a harder time learning the basics of the English language especially for those that are not exposed to it maximally. This is not only a struggle for students but also for their mentors because one cannot simply push a person’s interest and inquisitiveness to his or her level of intellect. With this, many teachers use a variety of tactics such as giving out audio files with English conversations so that they can effectively convey their understanding from their own point of view to the student’s.
How Does English Conversations Help?
- Although most students will not get the whole thought immediately after listening to an English conversation, the familiarity that it promotes help in enhancing the listeners’ skills of how to construct proper English sentences. Not everyone are experts in grammar, but most keep good track of the right usage of words with conversations that they hear from time to time in schools, media and even outdoors. The idea is to fossilize rules and applicable uses of phrases into one’s mind without him or her trying to pressure himself or herself.
- Formal conversations are not always used so you cannot simply rely on making up connecting phrases with the most appropriate words according to what you have learned in the books. When people talk they tend to get out of the ruling lane for smart formalities into the informal and communicative one. If you think about it, allowing yourself to talk in English conversations by the book every single time will make you look like a show off or a funny person.
- Audio files are the best ways to make students understand about how to use stresses in words. Intonations are sometimes very confusing especially when paired with same words having different meanings. Listening to English conversations will lighten up confusions on how to syllabicate words using proper voice rises.
- Proper Emotion Use. English conversations also help in exposing the listeners to different ways of expressing sentences. You will be able to know what kind of emotions is required with the given punctuations. Putting feelings into your conversations is as important as indicating proper use of rules and lapses.
- Understanding Slang Words. Slang is a word that is made up given the trend of a community or social circle. You cannot just use them in any conversation that suits you because most English conversations that have slangs are mindful of the setting or the location or event that a person is in because there are certain formalities that may not appreciate the use of slangs. It is always helpful to listen to the people conversing so that you can pick up the what-not.
The establishment of online teaching academies supports learning not only with your eyes and brain but also with your ears. With teacher student conversations in this kind of schools, both can learn about each other’s strength and weaknesses. This setup is a give and take relationship because of the fact that both can benefit from each of their insights.
Learn from our ways! Visit our website: http://www.liveenglishclass.com/en/English-Courses/Online-English-Courses-by-Skype.asp
not English natives – those that are not born as English citizens
level of intellect – how smart a person is
keep good track – follow the proper ways
connecting phrases – sentences
lighten up confusions – ease confusion or totally get rid of it